- Wolverine Origins 2 (Marvel) - The comments from last issue hold true. I'm still waiting for the promise that this series holds based on the two previous Daniel Way/Steve Dillon collaborations.
- 52 Week Two (DC) - DC's big title continues, and I'm along for the ride. I'm good with the Elongated Man detective story and the Renee Montoya mystery story. I just hope the mystic mumbo-jumbo and a so-far uninteresting Booster Gold story don't make me lose focus. This issue also introduces "History Of The DC Universe", a story that looks to be told in four page chapters. I didn't even bother to read the first chapter because I'm not sure if I care, but I'll keep it nearby for when I
can read at least ten or twelve pages of story all at once. - Superman/Batman 25 (DC) - I picked this issue up because I thought it was the tribute to Jeph Loeb's son, but when I realized it wasn't I bought it anyway because I'm a sucker for Bizarro or Mxyztplk. Ed McGuinness's art (right) is nice as well, but I don't really like his rendition of Bizarro. His style fits perfectly the character of Mr. Mxyztplk though, it's just too bad the story didn't hold my attention long enough to make sense of its plot line.
- Green Arrow 62 (DC) - This issue comprises of my least favorite thing about guys in tights. A 22 page fight scene. Fuck. I think I give up.
- Captain America 18 (Marvel) - Ed Brubaker is my favorite writer. Not the most original, not the most entertaining, not the deepest, but he gets just enough of all three into every book of his that I read that I am always happy to see his superhero titles in my stack. (Except that Doom book. Sorry, Ed, I just don't care enough.)
- Batman Year 100 (DC) - I still haven't read it yet, but now that the final chapter is out, it'll move to the top of my read pile. If it's worth it I'll spend a few paragraphs talking about it next week. In the meantime, here's a panel of Jim Gordon (below). I'm speechless about how nice the art is, too.

5.18.2006
New Comics - May 17th - Part Two
...continued.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment